Effervescent Life!
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Sleeping Arrangements
So Daddy Heathen and I don't sleep in the same bed. Heck, for a while not even the same room. See we had this baby about 16mo ago, and she was a cosleeper. Very hard to do with a full sized bed. So whomever got cosleeping duty, the other one of us slept in the spare room. However, once Baby Heathen transitioned to a crib we moved her out of our room and the spare, single bed into the main bedroom. At that point we were accostomed to sleeping without each other we just continued to do so. Ok, we also got a bit fatter, and the full bed just wasn't as much of an option for both of us ;) I've noticed a few funny things about the new arrangements though.
DH who likes to cuddle sleeps on the full size bed with one pillow for his head, and one blanket.
I, who proclaim to need my room, sleep on the single bed with 3 pillows (one for my head, and two body pillows), and the heaviest blanket.
DH sleeps with his head right next to the alarm clock, but I'm the one who hears it, and then wakes DH up.
DH is also closest to the sounds of the Baby Heathens room, but again, I'm the only one who hears her when she cries.
DH complains that the little bed is too cold for him because it is near the wall, but the big bed sets right up to the big old drafty window in the room?
I'm thinking we need to get a new, much bigger bed, or rearrange the room. LOL!