Effervescent Life!
Wednesday, September 28, 2005
Can We Just Go Home Already?

Seriously folks, Ohio sucks. Yes, our families are here, but there really is nothing else to put in the positve column. Work outlook bites (as I'm sure it does everywhere), cost of living is skyrocketing, nope, wages aren't going up, and it gets fucking cold here.
So where do I consider home? Missouri. Southwestern MO. God help me, I loved living there.
So why did you move?
Our landlords family was getting sick, and they wanted to move back to the area so they could be with them. Yes, we could have found a place where we lived, but we had already told ourselves we were going to move close to "home" after our next baby so they could experience family. Damn it all to hell they really love our familes. SO we moved our timeline up, moved our precious baby boy 600 miles from his place of birth, and settled in fucking Ohio.
It hasn't all been bad. The first year was actually ok. Had a zoo pass, and a small amount of money too spoil the boy with. Gave birth to our dear daugher here. But having our DD opened my eyes.
Our house sucks, my husbands commute sucks, his paycheck sucks (now, with increased living expenses anyway), our neighborhood sucks.
MO is calling. DH wants to be a park ranger. Doing some research on the subject I discover that MO park rangers make the same amount my DH makes now, PLUS have awesome benefits. Well, I think they are awesome, as DH has none currently. Cost of living is much less, and it stays warmer longer, with a shorter winter (normally).
DH could take a job here in the same postition and only make 2/3rds of what he could make out there, and like I said cost of living is MUCH higher here.
Looks like I have some convincing to do. Wish me luck!