Effervescent Life!
Sunday, April 09, 2006
The Apathetic Left.
Ive been hearing a lot lately about how nothing is going to change in this country because people are apathetic to a cause unless it directly and personally affects them. I don't believe that. I think it is more of a burn-out situation myself.
In 2000, I begged everyone I knew NOT to vote for Bush. Looking back, I still can't figure out why people did. He was the Governor of Texas. TEXAS! GO back and look at his track record. Then the mind boggles because a majority of texans actually did vote for him. I knew before he was "voted" in that he would take us to war, and and inflate our national debt. People just thought I had a hangar for black helicopters in my backyard. Turns out a majority of people voted for Gore, but Bush was still elected. GRRRR.
In 2004, again more begging, but NOOO. The war mongering and fear driven people had all the excuses they needed to vote for him again. Every decision he has made has made us an even bigger laughingstock for the world. Good going peeps.
I've kicked and screamed at most of the decisions taking place, and I really am a bit numb to it now. That much I admit. But apathetic. NO.
Looking back at the past and the present. We are not apathetic. This country has been overwhelmed with protests and activism. The very basis of which this country was founded has surged to the forefront. I applaud these people. I applaud their ability to still stand up for what they believe in, even when it isn't popular. They are making a difference where it counts. With the people.
Isn't that who the elected officials are supposed to be working for? (the people)
Lots of political entries to follow