Effervescent Life!
Sunday, March 26, 2006
Do unto others.
So one day you are hanging out with God. You notice that he doesn't seem to be in a such a great mood, and inquire about it."God, you seem troubled."To which God replies "Yes, I am. Ms. Smith has come to a fork in her life road. I am concerned as to where her free will might lead her.""Oh dear, that sounds serious!""Yes Child, quite. Let me tell you her story, and share my burden"
The story unfolds.
"Ms. Smith has found out she is unexpectedly pregnant. In order to raise the child she will have to drop out of college, and work much harder than any human should have to, to keep food in her child, and clothes on the childs back. She must live in an unsafe neighborhood just to shelter the child. Unfortunately, due to the little amount of joy in her life besides the child, she has not thought of me, and will die an unbeliever. Never knowing my love for her and her child."
"She is also considering abortion. Taking this path will make her re-evaluate what she wants from her life. She will build a relationship with me, and it will flourish. She will finish school. Work in a career she loves. Meet the man of her dreams. Her future family will all know me and love me."
God sighs heavily and turns towards you.
"This decision is the complete catalyst of her life." He looks at you sadly, and asks earnestly,
"Child, what would you do in her shoes if you knew what you now know?