Effervescent Life!
Friday, April 14, 2006
Can I get a Veet! Veet!
Let's just say I hadn't shaved in a while. My wooly mammoth legs were begining to frighten even me, but a razor just wouldn't cut it. So I tried me some Veet!
This stuff works great! I only did from the knee down just in case it didnt work. For anybody who has ever Naired and got no results, you know what I mean. This Veet stuff however kicked my hairy legs ass!
Couple of things. They recommend only leaving it on for 3 minutes. 6 minutes tops, and the wording is very forceful about this. I timed how long it took to "shave" each leg though, and I'm at a solid 6 minutes. Which makes my running time approx. 9 minutes. However I went over every inch at least 2x. Today my leg pores are visibly inflamed and I have an agressive phantom itch. I can live with that seeings how my legs are buttery smooth. No cuts, scrapes, or patches of missed opportunity! Another things is that this product is on chemical overload. It claims to have a scent, but after the first whiff I burned off all of my nose hairs and didn't attempt to sniff it again. I can't imagine it would be recomended for pregnant or nursing mothers. It also takes a thorough cleansing to wash off even with soap.
So all in all a pretty good experience! Though other than finishing the job tonight, I can't imagine using it more than once or twice. Probably both times during visits up north! Oh, and DH actually bought this for me while he was out errand shopping. Gotta love a man who's trying to get laid!