Effervescent Life!
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Political Ad-nauseum.
If you live in Ohio you are being subjected to an onslaught of political ads already. The latest one makes me roll my eyes pretty hard. For the record, I am not in favor of any candidate at this point. I think they all mostly suck. Now onto the ad.
First it is a woman sitting off to the left of the TV screen. I suspect they were going after the downtrodden but Godly look. What they achieved was the bitter and constipated look. She goes on to make 3 "points" about a candidate she opposes:
"What kind of man:"
"Is against gambling in his state, but owns stock in one the largest manufacturers of gambling machine parts?"
Me here: Gee, I don't know.....Maybe, somebody who doesn't believe that gambling would work for our state for various reasons, but still likes to make money off the manufacturing of something LEGAL? And are machine parts ALL the manufacturer makes?
"Owns stock in a radio station full of violence and vulgar language?"
Really? Are they beating people up in the radio station? Do the radio jockeys curse? No? Oh, I get it.....They play rap! *GASP* Songs about the experiences of artists who were once below the poverty line. Of course we wouldn't want somebodies former TRUE LIFE get out. Then people might realize that there are poor people out there that need a hand up, and !THE HORROR! their lives may not have been about kittens and rainbows! Where your political ire that anybody has or had to live this way? Where is your platform to change this? Not that I, personally, ever want to see rap banned. I love the fucking shit ;)
"Claims to not like abortion, but owns stock in the company that manufactures the abortion pill?"
The abortion pill? It is my opinion that if you are still using the words "abortion pill" that you are probably truly ignorant on the issues of reproductive rights. Are you talking about MAP (morning after pill) or the RU-486? Because believe me there is a huge difference. The morning after pill is nothing more than a high dose of hormonal BC that you take the morning after (or within 72 hours, if I recall correctly). Hence the name. No matter which one you are talking about, does the company ONLY manufacture this pill? Or do they manufacture many useful prescriptions, and this just happens to be one of them?
"A hypocrite, that's who."
Oh, are we playing the hypocrite game now? Good. It's one of my favorite political time killers. (oops! I said killer! DO NOT READ THIS BLOG ANYMORE! IT IS FULL OF VIOLENCE AND VULGAR LANGUAGE!!!) One of these days I will notice who the TV ad supports, and then I will get to play the game with you. Can't wait!