Effervescent Life!
Sunday, May 28, 2006
The Bird Flu Scares The Heck Out Of Me.
~*~Completely morbid post. Don't read if you are faint of heart.~*~
I mean totally paraniod, batshit crazy scares me. I can't help it. That they think it mutated, to a human to human virus, is making my brain bleed. I'm normally very laid back about things the media labels "threats". This one is under my skin.
I think it is because I have babies now. I think seeing one of my children die would break me. I can't imagine being on my deathbed, and knowing I would miss their beautiful lives. What the hell would I do without my husband? See? I'm going nuts.
What if it spreads like a wildfire, and comes to our state? Our city? What if so many people die that the water company is no longer open, and we have only one bottle of water left. What if the Gas/Electric company closes, and it is the middle of winter? What if there is a quarantine in the city of one of my loved ones, and I can't reach them...because our phone company has nobody manning the lines (do they even "man" the lines anymore?)? What if my DH gets sick, has to stay somewhere else, and dies. Will he know that I love him? What if there is a pretty good cure, and my family dies because we can't afford it?
So I'm developing a bird flu readiness plan. Cause I'm that in my head about it now. I want to be ready. I want my family to be safe. Maybe, I will post it when I'm done. I will call it Effervescent Life's Guide To Having A Complete Meltdown.
And God, I wish I was sane again.