Effervescent Life!
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Officer Celery Stalk And The Pakistani Diver.
A dream.

I was for some reason on a drive along with a celery stick police officer. For some reason this did not seem weird at all.

Officer Celery Stick pulls over a big box truck. A man jumps out, and runs down the road to escape. Officer Celery Stick does not give chase.

We knock on the box trucks door, and out pops Rick. Rick is an old friend of mine from times gone by. We smile at each other and start to chit chat. Officer Celery Stick (Who from here on out will be known as OCS) ask him sternly why the man ran off. Rick says "Oh, he did? I didn't notice! Come on in!"

We enter the box truck, and there are several people in several different "rooms". OCS inspects the truck, shrugs, ans says "Sorry about wasting your time!" Rick invites us both to a "really cool pool". We accept.

The swimming pool is very large, very round, and very deep. There are many different levels of decks, and one very high up pedestal deck in the very center of the pool, in which to sunbathe. This is where I plant myself.

It was me, OCS, Rick, 2-3 of his buddies, and a traditionally dressed Pakistani man. I think I was the only female. I can't remember.

I sunbathe. The boys drink, swim, and gossip. OCS is dipping his stalk in the pool. We are all having a very nice time, but then I decide I want to get off my pedestal. I need help!

The only person on a deck even close to me is the Pakistani man. I ask him for his help as two steps leading to the sunbathing deck are similar to diving boards, and I am a big ole chicken about falling.

He is kind and steps down on one of the diving board steps to reach his hand out to me. There is terror in my eyes, but his are kind. I reach out. His hand is warm. I am terrified, but take a step.

The diving board collapses, and we plunge feet first into the pool. He grabs my other hand on the way down, but we are jerked apart on entry and I shoot to the bottom of the pool.

I flash to what's going on at the surface of the pool. The Pakistani man is telling the boys that I chose him to dive with because I knew Pakistani men were good at diving. Whatever!

Back to the bottom of the pool. It is dark and deep, but I know I must remain calm. I start a methodical and concentrated swim to the surface. Soon my lungs start to inform me that I must hurry.

I know I may not make it. I attempt to find the side of the pool as a guide.



And then I woke up.