Effervescent Life!
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
The Secret Of NIMH
When I was a little girl this is one of the only videos my family owned. My sister and I watched this a million times! So of course, when seeing it on Amazon, I had to order it!

It still rocks! Though I admit that it is far more violent than any young child's movie today, the kids have watched it every day, at least once, since it was delivered!

The nostalgia I feel when I watch this movie is astounding! I remember my favorite parts, and I can appreciate it on a parental level too! The heroine is a mother-not a boy, not a male gendered monster or car, not a man. A girl, a woman.

Now, if I had ordered a copy of The Dark Crystal (Which is even more more violent and creepy, thus it will have to wait a couple years! LOL) My walk down memory lane will be complete!

What movies did you watch over and over again as a child?
5 Comments:
Blogger Mazenbloo said...
Oh.My.Gosh. I think I love you. The Dark Crystal was another of my favorites when I was a kid!!

I loved The Last Unicorn a lot. And cried at parts! Please, please tell me that you watched it too!

Blogger Jennifer said...
Here's what I would watch over and over again as a child:

Wizard of Oz
Babes in Toyland (with Drew Barrymore...sooo cheesy!)

BiT was my favorite. I wish they would come out with it on DVD!

Blogger ©Jac said...
I had to look The Last Unicorn up, and I don't think I watched it as a kid, sorry. LOL!

Jen., I know I have seen both of those plenty of times! BIT was always something that came on, regular TV, near the holidays right?

How about Belle and Sebastian on Nickelodien? Anybody else watch that?

Blogger jouettelove said...
i love that our kids are watching movies we used to love as kids - it ties us together somehow (and we get to enjoy them all over again, lol!)

Blogger Jennifer said...
Yeah, BIT always came on during the holidays. I love that one!

I haven't heard of Belle & Sebastian!