Effervescent Life!
Saturday, September 02, 2006
A Saturday Night Review.
A Good Review:

This is a product I absolutely LOVE!

image_home

I will never understand why pads and tampons are so popular with a choice like this! 12 hours (light to medium days) of not having to worry about one's period? Hell. Yes. Yet, I cannot find them at my local grocery, Meijers, or Wal-Mart? Had to go to Walgreens. I'm guessing they can be found at most pharmacies!

They aren't difficult to learn how to use, I spend about the same amount on these as I did on other feminine products, and did I mention how much longer they can be worn for? 12 HOURS (again, tops).

Really, they aren't scary at all. Go out and buy a box. And if you find you like them you can buy other similar products that can be used over and over again, like:
Diva Cup - Silicone cup
The Keeper - Rubber version

------------------------------------------------------------

A Bad Review:

I will just link to these...

Doublemint Mints

Let me set the stage for you if you don't mind. Imagine yourself with a busy day ahead of you. You won't have access to your toothbrush, and you would rather not be chomping on gum all day long. So at the convenience shop you see these, and think "Perfect!".

Back away from them! No, RUN away from them.

I popped a couple of these in my mouth, and at first suck they seem like normal mints. Within about a minute the first layer of flavor disappears. Immediately following you get, what I can only describe as, the worst possible tasting mint on God's green earth.

Second layer can only be describes as vanilla-y, mint-y, VOMIT-y "goodness". No, no, they don't make you want to throw up, but rather they taste like throw up.

Now imagine if you will, actually forgetting about the second wave of horrible taste periodically because, when confronted with social situations that day the only thing popping into your brain is "Oh good! Mints!"..............
4 Comments:
Blogger lemony said...
Okay, the Keeper thingys rock, but can I just say one thing 'bout that?

Taking.them.out.

Yeah.

:)

Blogger S.T. said...
I love, love, LOVE my DivaCup!!! I swear it's like I'm not even hosting ole' Aunt Flo when I'm using it. I will NEVER go back to pads or tampons that fill up my garbage can and the landfills and that deplete my bank account.

Blogger Rainbow Momma said...
Got myself a diva cup - haven't got to use it yet cuz I got knocked-up before I had a chance. LOL! Who knows when I'll get the chance. All I know is that it's reusable thus not contributing to the landfills! :D

Blogger Renée said...
I'm just worried about spillage!