Effervescent Life!
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Salsa Dancing
Do you ever have reoccuring arguements with your SO? How about petty, stupid, irrelevent quibbles?

Are latest repetitive quibbles are all about salsa. That's right . Salsa. Chunks of tomato, onion, and pepper. Spices. Salsa.

DH's parents gave us two boxes of tomatoes and a whole box of hot peppers from their garden. When the tomatoes started to spoil we froze them. Dh had been making a serving of salsa, here and there, for the last couple of weeks. The arguements start like this:

DH: "Here try a bite of salsa."
Me: "No thanks."

DH: "Don't you like salsa?"
Me: "Sure. I just don't feel like salsa"

Now, I really do like salsa, but I don't love it. I especially don't love it a couple hours before bedtime when onion and garlic lingers well after a good toothbrushing. So as I'm falling off to slumberland I'm have the aftertaste of minty, garlicky onion warming my breath. It's gross. He only makes it at night, and only enough to eat what he wants at that particular time. Therefore I have been refusing his invitation to "try it", and don't have the opportunity other wise.

Lately the arguement has evolved to this:

DH: "Why won't you try my salsa?"
Me: "Because I just don't want any, but thanks for offering."

DH: "Are you sure you like salsa?"
Me: "Yes, I'm sure I like salsa! I just don't want any right now."

DH: "Why are shunning my salsa?!"
Me: "Huh? I just don't want any salsa. I'm not in the mood."

DH: "Why won't you just try it? You say you like salsa, but you won't try mine."
Me: "I just don't want any salsa. I'm not in the mood for salsa or to eat. Good Heck! Enough about the salsa already! I simply don't want any! What now? I have to be hungry when you are and specifically for salsa? Come on!"

Seriously. We've had about 5 lukewarm fights about this. I know I should just try it, but still.

Salsa.
2 Comments:
Blogger Jennifer said...
Ohhh, sounds like my husband and me, but the roles reversed. ROFL!!!

Blogger Mazenbloo said...
Hmm, I'm not saying a word. Hehehe

Says the lady who usually does the same darn thing to her hubby!